Author Topic: eCurrency Bitcoin's Value Plummets  (Read 2039 times)

MrTempler

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
eCurrency Bitcoin's Value Plummets
« on: April 18, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
As currency crises in Europe piqued investors' interest, a growing number of businesses announced they were accepting bitcoins for an ever-wider range of goods and services. The value of a single bitcoin began racing upward amid growing media attention, smashing past the $100 mark last week before more than doubling again in just a few days.

Then came the crash. The price of Bitcoin has imploded, falling from $266 on Wednesday to roughly $55 on Thursday. The best-known bitcoin exchange, the Tokyo-based Mt. Gox, has suspended trading for what it described as a 12-hour "market cool-down.

Quote from: Nicholas Colas, chief market strategist for the Con-vergEx Group
It is a "great question" whether the currency could survive the wrenching up-and-down. At this point I would say yes, since it has before. Unlike previous oscillations, Thursday's collapse was taking place in the full glare of international media attention. A lot more people know about Bitcoin than during the prior problems," he said.

The future of bitcoin is, like all currencies, going to come down to trust
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Bitcoin Mining is now a Real-World Environmental Problem
Swiftcoin is the Best Alternative

mayrick

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Re: eCurrency Bitcoin's Value Plummets
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
I swear that it is the government / s trying to make a bubble to plant money. Its ridiculous how fast it has taken off recently, and I guess the bitcoin malware and hacking several sites bitcoin wallet does not help to stabilize the currency at all.

queshadesta

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
I have roughly the equivalent of € 2,000 in bitcoins which is a lot of money for me. I begin to believe that the holder of bitcoin-24 is actually a scammer, it is there that the French like me are in the same situation? This is very worrying, apparently there would be € 7 million game accounts and without counting the thousands of bitcoins!

andyreynolds

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:58:14 PM »
Not only Europe has some kind of crisis, I think they should take this type of digital currency such as swiftcoin

andyreynolds

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
Cada continente sufre caidas en sus economias o monedas... deben adoptar otras alternativas, las digital currencies ofrecen garantias que los activos normales muchas veces no ofrecen

andyreynolds

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:59:04 PM »
Muchos gobiernos tienen una deduda externa que en vez de disminuir viene en aumento... ahi es cuando se deben estudiar alternativas como bitcoin y swiftcoin

andyreynolds

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Pienso que estas ecurrency como bitcoin, ayudarian aportando las fortalezas que carece la moneda real a nivel global

andyreynolds

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:58 AM »
Hay mucho material para aplicar por parte de estas e-currency, y creo que se le puede inyectar a economias en emergencias, bitcoin

mayrick

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »
Every currency has its ups and downs. Let's hope the recover from these crashes  :-\