Author Topic: Camp Gyno: Periods, Knowledge, and Power  (Read 4524 times)

pipthom

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Camp Gyno: Periods, Knowledge, and Power
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
If you haven't heard of it by now, you've clearly been without internet access for a few days. A tampon commercial is going viral on social media. I'm happy to present this piece by my friend C.S. Jack who gives a thoughtful analysis of why so many people (especially adult women) are impressed with it.

Camp Gyno, a two-minute promotional video for startup tampon delivery service HelloFlo, has garnered almost three and a half million YouTube views and over nine thousand Facebook shares in the three days since its release. “Amazing. Hilarious. Perfect. The girl in the commercial is a joy,” gushed Buzzfeed’s Mark Duffy. When I delightedly posted it on Facebook, one of my friends called it “the most awesome thing ever” and others chimed in with declarations of love. That conversation led to this blogpost, which I hope can come near the thoughtful generosity of spirit and intellect that Michelle demonstrates here with such regularity.

Read more

andyreynolds

• phpBB REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Camp Gyno: Periods, Knowledge, and Power
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:42:17 AM »
 :P I have been in the internet all this time and i didn't see it... thank you very much for this new material it's really good.